The Trade Association for Precision Turned Parts and Machined Component Manufacturers in the UK
Posted in BTMA News on 4th Jul 2017
S.I.D. Syndicat International du Décolletage
Share, exchange, open to the world and to others, networking is essential nowadays.
With SID, World machining industry has a great tool.
This international organization was created in 1963 to bring together national organizations representing the machining industry. 7 countries are currently members: Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, USA. The chairmanship rotates every two years. She is currently held by Switzerland.
The SID has three main missions:
• Facilitate communication between the various countries and the members constituting these organizations,
• Share on common issues and to consider how to treat all
• Share and compare economic data of each member country
• Put together members holding biannual meetings
• Promote friendship and understanding between people of different nationalities engaged in activities falling under the same profession in the world
An international conference is held in turn every 2 years to visit businesses, make comparisons on the economics of cutting in each member country.
Scroll to zoom in on map